A local artist or company could receive up to £2,000 and a guaranteed place in the Pleasance Edinburgh Fringe programme 2022 in a York Theatre Royal scheme.
The partnership with the Pleasance Theatre’s Edinburgh National Partnerships programme will support a Yorkshire and Humber-based artist or company both financially and artistically.
“We’re delighted to be working with the Pleasance Theatre once again as part of their programme to identify and support exceptional local artists and companies who want to take work to the Fringe. Each partner is a leading national producing house, with a commitment to supporting and developing new artists,” said a York Theatre Royal spokesperson.
Other partner organisations are Bristol Old Vic, Leicester Curve, HOME Manchester, Theatre Royal Plymouth, Pitlochry Festival Theatre and Sherman Theatre.
“Working with The Pleasance we will identify dynamic artists at different stages in their careers, with the primary aim of the scheme to uncover and support the best companies and artists from Yorkshire and Humber, and across the UK, to present work at the Fringe,” added the spokesperson.
The successful applicant will get:
- Up to £2000 financing from the Pleasance towards the costs of presenting their show at the Fringe.
- Guaranteed inclusion within the Pleasance Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme.
- Edinburgh Fringe registration covered by York Theatre Royal.
- One-week minimum of in-kind rehearsal and development space at York Theatre Royal.
- A programming option in the Pleasance London transfer run post-Fringe.
- Support to deliver accessible performances as part of the Fringe run.
- Mentorship, support and advice from both York Theatre Royal and The Pleasance leading up to, and during the Fringe.
- Support to build new touring relationships with other National Partnership venues.
To apply, artists and companies should send a pitch to email@example.com detailing the piece of work to be presented (synopsis, design ideas etc); the creatives involved; information on past productions (reviews, footage etc). Closing date is applications is Monday 31 January at 10am.
The application form can be found on the theatre website yorktheatreroyal.co.uk